Oluwo and the divorced wife, Chanel Chin

By Taiwo Okanlawon

Chanel Chin, the ex-queen to the controversial monarch, Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has released some damming details about the king, dishing out various secret about him during their time together.

Chanel, after her messy divorce late last year, has, however, in an exclusive interview with GIO TV accused Oluwo of raping her for the first time they meet in Lagos.

The estranged queen, who has lived in Canada all her life but is from Jamaica, said she met Oluwo when she came to Nigeria as a tourist with friends.

She arrived the country in December 2015 and in January 2016, she said she was informed by one of the Nigerians in the group that there’s a coronation coming, and she wanted to go to experience the African culture. Her friends tried to discourage her, warning that the area is a “bush”.

However, she said she didn’t want to see just “Lagos and Lekki” but wanted to experience other parts of Nigeria.

She went on to narrate how she went for the coronation then returned to Lagos. While in Lagos, she met the Oluwo again at an event held by a Lagos monarch.

She said she was introduced to the Oluwo of Iwo then by her friend’s lover who his also from Iwo, on February 2, a month after his January 2016 coronation.

She added that after talking to Oluwo at the party held in Ikeja, she retired early to her room because she had too much to drink. But she woke up at 3 am to find the Oluwo on top of her in her room, with her clothes discarded.

She said she told him “no no no. Get off me.”

According to her, Oluwo told her that he is a King and that once he “extends his leg” to her, she can’t refuse him, adding that Oluwo decided to compensate her with marriage after raping her.

“Tell the people that you raped me the first night you met me.

“One month later, I missed my menses, and I was pregnant,” she added.

She asked Nigerians to do the math, stating that Oluwo’s coronation was Jan 2016, she met him in Feb 2016 and her baby was born in Nov 2016.

“November from February is 9 months,” she said.

She then narrated how she was taken to Iwo the day after the alleged rape and her shock when she arrived.

She said: “The next day, he said to me, ‘we’re going to the palace, we’re going to Iwo and I’ll make you queen.’ So I went with him.

“The very next day, when we got to Iwo, there was no palace. The palace didn’t even have a roof. There was no palace. We were staying in one Barrister Atanda’s home. He’s also based in the UK. He can attest to this.

“There was no palace, there was no royal… there was nothing.”